Business/General Meeting Minutes for March 11,2008
Evergreen Branch Library, Everett, Wa.
Called to order at 7:00 PM by Chad Shue, Chair
ATTENDEES: Chad Shue, Debbie Shue, Nancy Sosnove, Cliff Wells, Mary Phlypo, Gary Sell, Melody Dawson, Jeff and Bethany Sutro.
Agenda- Minutes- approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Available Upon Request
Chair’s Report: N/A
• Peace Scholarship - Motion was made and seconded not to continue with 2nd scholarship as planned. DFSC made one $500 scholarship.
• Immigration Conversation - Motion was made and seconded to make Luis chair of this committee. Motion was amended and seconded to organize and move forward. Original motion was withdrawn. (Since Luis was not present to accept chair of committee.)
• DFSC Movie Night - Update given by Nancy. Venue will be Papi’s Pizza. April 26th; 6:00 PM
• Fundraising Opportunities - Suggestion was made to have a book signing/fundraiser for David Sirota. Motion was made and seconded to proceed by verifying David’s schedule. Chad will take this action. No update.
• Website/Blog - Motion was made and seconded to make Gary DFSC webmaster. He accepted!
• Voter Intent - Nancy will contact Rick Dewitt. RCW needs to change then WAC would have to be changed.
• Renewable Energy Fair -( Jackie) No Update.
• Peak Oil Task Force -(Jackie)No Update.
• Early Look at candidates for possible endorsement 2008. Invite Fred Walser and Scott Olson to speak at next DFSC meeting.(Chad)Motion was made to donate $100 but was postponed to next meeting.
• Bumper Stickers:Motion was made to make another purchase, qty 200. Cliff will purchase and DFSC will re-emburse.
• Next meeting will be April 8 at 7pm, Evergreen Branch Library.
• Rich Semler is running for State Superintendent of schools, see website www.richsemler.com
• Seeds of Compassion Conference with the Dalia Lama April 11-15th. www.seedsofcompassion.com
• Activist calendar at www.scn.org/activism/calendar
• Community Calendar at www.scn.org/calendars
Meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.